Thursday, February 3, 2011

killing the jetlag

So as many of you know. I recently moved to Paris.

To tell you the truth, I was absolutely scared out my skin to be moving half way across the world.

I'm not exactly sure what I expected in the first few days, and I guess nothing was unexpected. But to say it was an easy transition would be a joke. Une grosse blague.

Now having been here a week, I feel a bit more settled. The first issue to deal with was the jetlag. I was waking every morning at 6am. Needing a nap at 10am, again at 2pm and ready for bed at 10pm. It took a few days of weird sleeping and awkward nap times to finally kill the jetlag.

I guess there was one specific day when things started to become easier.
The day I had a meltdown.

I had a bit of a rant and a cry. Soon I got over it and Franck remedied the situation by feeding me olives and dark chocolate (at my request).
We then played a game of cards and drank champagne (also at my request).

By 9pm I was spent and fell asleep in my chair. Franck had planned to go out that evening, so put me to bed, with a note that he would be home later on. I awoke at 1am, hungry.
I found food on the stove, and just sat down at my computer when Franck and Romain returned.

I stayed up until 4am. Which then meant I slept in the next morning, and voila the jetlag was gone. As well as any of my uneasy feelings!

No comments:

Post a Comment