Friday, April 29, 2011

three months.

At Franck's parents place in Briollay


I decided that now was a good time for me to start documenting my thoughts. Even if it is only for my own personal reflection.
Today marks three months in Paris. It seems to have gone by so quickly, and yet so much has happened and I have learnt so much.

*I can speak (basic) french
*I am working in a bilingual preschool (my first REAL job)
*I'm living in a new city, in which I am now feeling pretty comfortable
*I'm learning the cultures, not only of the country, but of those around me
*I'm learning to live without some things I had taken for granted (my mum cooking me dinner, and my sewing machine are two I'm missing the most at the moment)
*I'm learning that patience is expected in France and nothing here happens quickly
*I am embracing bread and starting to really enjoy the pleasure of a fresh cooked baguette

These are just a few of the things that are going on in my life right now. Work consumes a lot of my time, and I'm happy to have it that way. My three housemates are all studying their masters in architecture and as the year here draws to a close they all get busier, so as they throw themselves into their studies, I too focus on my work. From this I am seeing the benefits, and it's lovely to see the progress of the children and the group as our small team learns to work together and draw on the strengths that each one of us has.

It has been a challenging but exciting three months, and I'm looking forward to the next few

x

No comments:

Post a Comment