Saturday, May 7, 2011

presents.


It's almost my birthday. My first birthday in Paris. My first birthday in Spring.

This week there has been presents arriving at the door. Almost everyday. Which Franck promptly whisks away before I get to see. He either rips of the postage label or covers it with black texta so that I can't read the little box marked 'Detailed description of contents'.

They are now hid safely under the bed. The only hiding spot in our entire apartment. I know they are there. I'm just choosing not to look.

This morning a package arrived from my parents. Franck brought it to me while I was still in bed. Sans postage label of course. He was quite disappointed because this package was too large to fit through the 6cm gap under the bed. Instead he attempted to hide it behind the hanging rack of clothes...in plain sight.

I quickly shot my mum and email to let her know it had arrived. 10 mins later my computer was ringing with the familiar sounds of a Skype call.
Right near the end of our conversation my mum told me that everything in the package is wrapped except for one thing, which if I wanted I could have right now and not wait until my birthday!

I knew that if I told Franck this new myself, he would think I was lying and just trying to open my presents early! So I knew I had to get Mum to tell him herself.

So I called in the present nazi (aka. Franck) and had my mum deliver the news personally.
He then opened up the package turned his bag from me and pulled out....a Frankie magazine!

I was super happy!

Needless to say, I have just spent the last hour lying on my bed reading my Frankie magazine and neglecting the rubbish to be taken out, floors to be vacuumed and clothing to be folded.

Thank's Mum! oh, and Happy Mother's Day!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment